Temporary Changes to our Route following the November Earthquake
Following the November 14th Earthquakes roads into and out of Kaikoura remain closed. We have temporarily amended the South Island route.
The route from Christchurch to Kaikoura will now travel Christchurch to Nelson.
If you are heading North (back to Auckland), you will overnight in Nelson. Pickup is from the Nelson i-SITE at 9am to head to Wellington.
Alternatively, you can fly out of Christchurch.
If you are heading South (going around the South Island), you'll be picked up from the Nelson i-SITE at 3.30pm to head to Kaiteriteri.
Nelson is a great place to visit! Highlights of this great city include:
- World of Wearable Arts Museum
- Visit the Centre of New Zealand
- Watch the sunset on Tahuna Beach
- Visit the Japanese Gardens
- Get brunch at the famous Saturday Market
- Visit the place where the first ever game of rugby was played in NZ
We will keep you updated as to when we can return to Kaikoura.
Our thanks go to everyone for their patience and our thoughts go out to all of those who have been affected by this event.