We're excited to announce that we're now offering day trips to Kaikoura through our long-term partners Hassle-free Tours.
After Kaikoura was affected by the November Earthquake, we've been working on a solution to get back there. As well as being an incredible part of our country and one of our most popular destinations, we wanted to show support for the community that has welcomed us into their lives for over 20 years.
The day trip to Kaikoura is an activity bookable by your Driver Guide on board the bus. You'll book this on the day you depart Queenstown for Tekapo. We're also pleased to confirm we are able to guarantee a limited number of spots on both dolphin encounter (swimming with dolphins) and whale watching! You're Driver Guide can sort and book this for you on board Kiwi Experience.
- Pickup from your Christchurch accommodation
- Scenic drive through the Waipara Valley and Hurunui hills
- Kaikoura Peninsular lookout
- Kean Point seal colony
- Option to go swimming with the dolphins with Encounter Kaikoura
- Or see the huge sperm whales with Whale Watch Kaikoura
- Return transport back to your Christchurch accommodation
- Additional option to swim with the Driver. Ask you driver for further details & special pricing
All this is available for the special price of $120 and is bookable through your Driver Guide on board our bus.
To visit Kaikoura with this day trip, you'll need a minimum of 2 nights in Christchurch. Optional add-ons (Whale Watch Kaikoura and Encounter Kaikoura - Dolphins) are tide time dependent. Your Driver Guide will help you with this.