Your New Zealand adventure will take you to some remote places off the beaten track, but with a bit of forward planning you can rest assured that there’ll be a great bed waiting for you at the end of the night. Right across New Zealand you’ll find a range of options to suit all budgets and preferences. At the cheap end are NZ backpackers, hostels and lodges that offer great value for money. In most of them you’ll have the choice of larger dorm room sizes to keep prices down. Compared to international standards these dorms are kept very tidy and safe. If you want to splash out there’s almost always double rooms available, and of course motels and hotels if the budget stretches that far.
Typical prices at an NZ backpackers’ hostel
A dorm bed in an NZ backpackers’ hostel will generally cost you around NZD $24 whilst a double room is approximately NZD$60/night ($30 each).
Tenting, camping and tramping
New Zealand is a great place to go tenting/camping/tramping. However, for ease, speed and a good night’s sleep, the majority of Kiwi Experience passengers choose low cost backpacker accommodation in NZ. You’ll need the good night sleep once you see what we’ve got planned for you the next day! If you are keen to go tenting though just let us know and we’ll point you in the direction of some awesome camping locations.
Accommodation benefits of Kiwi Experience
When travelling with Kiwi Experience you’re always in total control of where you choose to stay. However, due to our large travel network we can offer a number of accommodation benefits if you choose to stay with the group:
- Unique accommodation - Te Kaha Homestead Lodge, Eastender Farmstay, River Valley Adventure Lodge and the legendary Mahinapua Hotel
- Recommended accommodation – after 20 years of looking we’ve got a good idea of the best backpackers places to stay in New Zealand
- First night guaranteed – in every overnight stop we can guarantee you a first night bed in our recommended NZ backpackers and hostels.
- Stay with the group - it doesn’t take long to forge great relationships with others on your bus so staying together is often a lot more fun than going it alone.
- Accommodation discounts – every dollar counts and the accommodation discounts here and there soon add up
For more information check out the Great Accommodation page.