Typical prices at an NZ backpackers’ hostel
A dorm bed in an NZ backpackers’ hostel will generally cost you around NZD $24 whilst a double room is approximately NZD$60/night ($30 each).
Tenting, camping and tramping
New Zealand is a great place to go tenting/camping/tramping. However, for ease, speed and a good night’s sleep, the majority of Kiwi Experience passengers choose low cost backpacker accommodation in NZ. You’ll need the good night sleep once you see what we’ve got planned for you the next day! If you are keen to go tenting though just let us know and we’ll point you in the direction of some awesome camping locations.
Accommodation benefits of Kiwi Experience
When travelling with Kiwi Experience you’re always in total control of where you choose to stay. However, due to our large travel network we can offer a number of accommodation benefits if you choose to stay with the group:
- Unique accommodation - Te Kaha Homestead Lodge, Eastender Farmstay, River Valley Adventure Lodge and the legendary Mahinapua Hotel
- Recommended accommodation – after 20 years of looking we’ve got a good idea of the best backpackers places to stay in New Zealand
- First night guaranteed – in every overnight stop we can guarantee you a first night bed in our recommended NZ backpackers and hostels.
- Stay with the group - it doesn’t take long to forge great relationships with others on your bus so staying together is often a lot more fun than going it alone.
- Accommodation discounts – every dollar counts and the accommodation discounts here and there soon add up
For more information about benefits of Kiwi Experience accommodation, check out the Guaranteed Accommodation page.