25 BEST PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is easily one of the most photogenic places in the world, so much so that it is often hard to put the camera down. From mountains to lakes to glaciers to wild, far-stretching coastlines, New Zealand really is a photographers dream. However, it’s not only the incredible landscapes that make Aotearoa such a great place to photograph. We are also home to some of the world’s best adventure activities, as well some awesome and quirky small towns that for one particular reason are ‘World Famous…in New Zealand’.
If you’re travelling around Aotearoa, here is a list of what we think are 25 of the most iconic photo opportunities, all of which you can visit on the Kiwi Ex bus! Obviously, this list is probably missing a few as there is so much in the New Zealand to see and explore, so feel free to let us know some of your favs that we’ve missed! How many of these can you tick off your list?
1. The iconic Cape Reinga Lighthouse
2. Making a lotus position in Cathedral Cove
3. Sitting in a hot pool at Hot Water Beach
4. Doing a handstand in front of the L&P bottle in Paeroa
5. All kitted up in your wetsuit at Legendary Black Water Rafting in Waitomo
6. Kneeling on your shoes in Hobbiton
7. With a Maori warrior at Tamaki Maori Village in Rotorua
8. Doing a skydive!
9. Take a shot of the Maori carvings while out on Lake Taupo
10. In front of Mt Doom on the Tongariro Crossing
11. Throwing a gumboot in Taihape – NZ’s gumboot throwing capital
12. Split apple rock out in the Abel Tasman National Park
13. Jumping off the wharf at Lake Rotoiti in Nelson Lakes National Park
14. Toasting marshmallows on a beach bonfire in Westport
15. Punakaiki Pancake Rocks
16. Chilling on the ice up on Franz Josef Glacier
17. Catch the perfect mirror reflection of Mt Cook and the Southern Alps on Lake Matheson.
18. Drinking from Thunder Creek Falls
19. Holding up the Leaning Tower of Wanaka in Puzzling World
20. Doing a bungy!
21. An iconic shot in front of Mitre Peak in Milford Sound
22. Eating a fresh fruit ice-cream in front of the big fruit in Cromwell
23. Church of the Good Shepherd in Lake Tekapo
24. Punting along the Avon River in Christchurch
25. Swimming with the dusky dolphins in Kaikoura