|4 DAY Volunteering ||6 DAY Volunteering |
Kiwi Experience is excited to be teaming up with
Conservation Volunteers a not-for-profit organisation that recruits and manages teams of volunteers to work on environmental and wildlife conservation projects on our Green Not Mean volunteer pass.
Where are the projects located?
A 4 or 6 day volunteering experience on a Conservation Volunteers project will have you helping out with a variety of tasks in a stunning location, including tree planting, seed collection and removal of weeds to create an ecological corridor spanning the mountains to the sea.
What does my pass include?
The projects are located in Punakaiki on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. Perched on the edge of the Southern Alps, Punakaiki encompasses spectacular limestone landscapes, river gorges, caves, coastal and inland walks and the world renowned Pancake Rocks and blowholes. The coastline is the natural habitat of the Little Blue Penguin and the only nesting ground of the Westland Black Petrel. The forests bear nikau palms and rata trees that are hundreds of years old.
Your Green Not Mean pack includes transfers from the Punkaiki Visitor Centre, either 3 or 5 nights accommodation in the hostel-style accommodation at the project, and all meals. You will be guided by the expertise of an enthusiastic Conservation Volunteers Team Leader during the project and will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the project.
Conservation Volunteers are a non-profit a organisation who recruit and manage teams of volunteers from Australia, New Zealand and around the world to work on important environmental and wildlife conservation project and this is your chance to get involved!
How to get involved
Book now with Kiwi Experience, just $320 for 4 days or $475 for 6 days. Price includes food and accommodation. Please note that terms and conditions will apply and availability will be confirmed with booking.
Terms and conditions
- The Green Not Mean pack is supplied by Conservation Volunteers New Zealand and must be purchased in conjunction with a Kiwi Experience national travel pass.
- You must select the date you wish to start your project when you purchase your Green Blooded Bus Travel pack – please consult Kiwi Experience for project start dates.
- All Green Not Mean projects are based in Punakaiki, therefore, you must allow sufficient time to travel on Kiwi Experience in order to reach Punakaiki by the start date of your project. To book the dates you wish to travel on Kiwi Experience with your Kiwi Experience travel pass, please contact Kiwi Experience Reservations on +64 9 3364286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On arrival at the project accommodation in Punakaiki, you will be required to hand over your Green Not Mean e-voucher, and present your Kiwi Experience pass and photo ID for inspection.
- Green Not Mean packs cancelled within one month prior to booked start date of the project are non-refundable. Green Not Mean packs cancelled at least one month prior to booked start date of project will receive a 50% refund.
- Standard Kiwi Experience
terms and conditions apply.