GLAMPING (THAT’S GLAMOUROUS CAMPING) IS A CAMPING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER. AT VARIOUS POINTS ALONG OUR CIRCUIT WE GIVE OUR PASSENGERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS AND EXPERIENCE THIS UNIQUE STYLE OF ACCOMMODATION.
But what exactly is “glamping” we hear you ask? And why would you forgo your bed in that cozy dorm room and opt to spend a night in a tent? Well here are a few reasons why we think you should change it up and get amongst our coolest new accommodation type.
1. First of all, these are not your average tents. Supplied by luxury (that’s right, luxury) tent provider Lotus Belle, they come complete with beds, bed side tables, lamps & and even have power sockets so you can charge your phones and cameras.
2. Got closer to the real outdoors. Easily the best thing about camping. In New Zealand, nature is what we do best. Spend a night under the stars and wake to the sounds of native birds and the smell of the ocean nearby.
3. It’s eco friendly! We are all about being Green, Not Mean here at Kiwi Ex. Our glamping accommodation is part of the commitment we have made to Sustainable Tourism and doing everything we can to protect this beautiful country. You can enjoy all the comforts of home in our glamping tents thanks to solar power!
4. It’s unique! Sick of fighting over the bottom bunk and bored of sleeping in dorm rooms that all pretty much look the same no matter where in the world you are? Hostels are great, but it’s always awesome to try something new. On Kiwi Ex we have many different accommodation options including staying overnight at a Maori Village, or at a traditional West Coast pub. Now, you can camp…in style.
5. It’s Kiwi as. Camping is our national past time…a long with chilling at the beach and being awesome at rugby. If you want to tell your mates back home that you had a real Kiwi experience, then this is the way to go.
6. Good ole bonding time. Glamping is available on the first stop South out of Auckland. So for many, your first night on Kiwi Ex. Trust us, the people you will be travelling with are going to become some of your life long friends. There’s something about camping that just makes people want to tell stories, sing songs and have a laugh. No better way to break the ice and get to know your fellow bus friends!
WE CAN’T RECOMMEND THIS AWESOME AND UNIQUE ACCOMMODATION OPTION HIGHLY ENOUGH. BUT DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS BELOW IF YOU NEED EXTRA CONVINCING!
GLAMPING IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE KIWI EXPERIENCE ROUTE AT HOT WATER BEACH, ABEL TASMAN AND LAKE TEKAPO. WHEN ON THE BUS YOUR DRIVER GUIDE WILL INFORM YOU HOW YOU CAN BOOK YOU INTO THIS ON-BUS EXCLUSIVE OPTION AND EXPERIENCE MORE OF THE GOOD STUFF.